Home/ yoga health benefits
There are very many benefits of regular yoga practice. They range in scope from physical benefits to mental benefits. The benefits are many for healthy individuals as well as numerous benefits to people who suffer from illness and high stress levels (which also is a big factor in many illnesses).
There are so many benifits to regular practice of yoga I have just decided to creat a list to make it easy to read.
1. More defined muscle tone
2. Weight loss from improved metabolism
3. Improved Spinal Health and skeletal posture. This of the yoga health benefits that is especially important for me since at the age of 9 I was diagnosed with scoliosis (a curvature of the spine), and it got worse until I was 16. Through chiropractic and 16 years of martial arts training it got somewhat better, but I would say that after 2 years of yoga it got much more better then the 16 years previous.
4. Increased lung capacity and better circulation.
5. Increased flexibility which will lead to less sport related injuries for those physically active people out there.
6. More energy, stamina and vitality.
7. Release of muscle tension.
1. Improved mood
2. Decrease in tension, anger and fatigue
3. Improved cognition and memory.
4. Stronger immune system. My Friends site offers more information on how to get a stronger immune system, just follow the link
5. Diabetes. For this there is some evidence that yoga may lower blood glucose. The link will take you to friends site with more info on diabetes.
6. Yoga for Back Pain. There are several yoga position that can help strengthen the back and also relive tension and improve the flexibility of these muscles... which in turn lowers back pain.
7. People who have problems with there joints have shown huge improvements from doing yoga. This included Wrist, knee and hip problems. This is another point that I can testify to. I came to yoga seriously after a 2nd Major injury to my left knee (and one major surgery to the same knee). The doctors said all I could hope for would be 80% use of my left knee, now my knee is as strong if not stronger then before the injury, with very little pain (some if very wet and cold).
8. A reduction of the symptoms of Asthma have also been documented by people who regularly practice yoga.
9 Reduction in stress. This is one of the biggest yoga health benefits, because stress is a very large problem in today's society and it causes numerous problems. Also stress effects your immune system in a very negative way. I will be adding a more pages on what stress can do to you in the near future.
Health is the most important thing we have, without it we have nothing, (in contrast without money we still can do many things). A friend of mine has put together a site about womans fitness that talks about alot of different aspects of health, you may find it interesting. One thing that can also help your yoga training is isometric exercises. Also some Thai Yoga Massage is a great way to reduce stress and help you feel much better. A last note is that what we put in our bodies is just as important as what we do, to this end visit this friends site which has some great info about Glutathione which is a very powerful antioxident.
You can see how the yoga health benefits above can give you a sense of wellbeing and improve you standard of living. I hope that you will give yoga a try. It is a big part of my life now, and I have seen improvements in my back and knee. I have never been so relaxed and happy with life. Overall fitness is one of the most important things you need to have in life. I wish you health and happiness always.
PS. Also I have another friend who offers also a lot of information about skin care and our skin is the largest organ in our body we need to take care of it, I encourage you to visit her site to get more information.